Sunday, February 14, 2016

Magic Pot Meatloaf: Homely but Tasty!

I had play and choir rehearsals back-to-back today with just a half hour at home in between, so I thought I might make a quickie meatloaf in the Instant Pot. It may not have been the most gorgeous meatloaf I've ever made, but the taste and texture were both lovely!

I made the meatloaf in an eight-inch spring form pan lined with foil.
I removed the meatloaf from the IP, then put it in a foil-lined sheet pan.
I broiled the meatloaf for a few minutes until the top was browned and crispy.
I glazed the meatloaf with BBQ sauce, then broiled it for a couple of minutes until set.
I brushed it with more BBQ sauce and broiled it one more time.







Here's what it looked like on the inside. (It's going to slice beautifully for sandwiches tomorrow!)

TA-DAH! Quick and easy, delicious, hearty, and comforting dinner!











Instant Pot Meatloaf

2.25 lbs. ground chuck
1 lb. hot Italian sausage (or mild, if you prefer)
1 small onion, finely diced
2 large eggs
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce (or to taste)
1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

your favorite BBQ sauce (to glaze the top)

Mix everything together and pack into an oven-proof vessel (not too tight!) that will fit in the IP; I used an eight-inch spring form pan lined with foil. Cook for 30 minutes on the "Meat" setting, then NPR. Transfer to a lined sheet pan and broil for a few minutes until brown and crispy. Then brush with BBQ sauce and return to the oven for a couple of minutes to set the glaze (and repeat).


No comments: